Sunday, July 06, 2008

yikes the weekend's already over

i'm kinda bummed out today, almost to the point of heading to youtube and searching for a "babies laughing at dogs" video. i'm thinking i need a new job, well i don't think... i know. and possibly a drastic change of scene. so wish me well in my search for new jobs, new places... and whatever else i need.

i watched the first 4 episodes of my boys on tbs today, and it's worth your time if you're a lady. jim gaffigan, regardless of his dopey demeanor, makes me laugh. i miss campus ladies dreadfully, and i plan on trying to find an old episode to watch later. i also found the movie red dawn due to the discussion on it on on hold, and the first 10 minutes are proving to be hilarious and amazingly propaganda like. 1984 was a good year for movies. always classy.

i only got out to summerfest one day this year, i need to make a more valiant effort next year. but the madison roots festival is in august. g. love, natty nation and the john butler trio will be there, so i'll hopefully fill my music festival quota somehow.

i'm moving to the new digs in less than a month, but it already feels like i'm living alone. i wish i could just move already, it's looming in my mind. i started sorting out things to get rid of pre-packing and it's giving me a heart attack.

also if you find robots endearing, wall-e will warm your heart... and if you like old musicals you will be especially pleased by the soundtrack. i suggest it.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

I happened across your blog and now I'm creeped out, not by you but for the following reasons:

1. I am bummed the weekend is over and need a "aaawwww" pick-me up.
2. I am in need of a change of scenery and just had a job interview.
3. I too missed summerfest but am excited about Forward Fest coming to Madison (check it out)
4. Saw Wall E, loved it!

Creeped by the coincidences I guess.